How To Change Wifi On Blink Camera Blink Camera is renowned for its user-friendly setup and reliable performance. To unlock its full potential, it’s essential to connect the device to your WiFi network. How can you do this? Don’t fret; this article provides step-by-step instructions for connecting your device to a new WiFi network or changing WiFi settings.
Requirements Before diving into the setup process, please keep these prerequisites in mind:
- Ensure that the camera has batteries inserted.
- Opt for an ideal camera placement.
- Create a Blink account.
- Install the Blink Home Monitor app.
- Ensure a strong and stable WiFi signal.
How to Connect Blink Camera to WiFi
You can connect your Blink Camera to WiFi by following these straightforward steps:
1. Download the Blink app
- Download the Blink app on your smartphone, available for both iOS and Android devices.
2. Create a Blink account
- If you don’t already have a Blink account, create one within the Blink Home Monitor app. Provide the required information to complete the setup process.
3. Install your Blink Sync Module
- Plug the Sync Module into a power outlet using the USB cable and power adapter provided. Wait for the lights to display a blinking blue and steady green light.
- Ensure that the Sync Module is within range of your WiFi router. If not, consider using a WiFi range extender for the Blink Camera setup.
4. Power on your Blink camera
- Your Blink camera should have a red light. Press and hold the Sync button on the camera for 5 seconds until the light turns blue.
5. Connect the Camera to WiFi
- In the Blink app, tap the “+” icon located in the top left corner of the screen. Then, select “Add Device” and choose “Blink Wireless Camera System.”
6. Scan QR code
- Scan the QR code found on the back of your Blink camera. The Blink app will detect your camera and add it to your system.
7. Enter your WiFi credentials
- The Blink app will prompt you to enter your WiFi network password. Once you’ve entered the password, your Blink camera will connect to your WiFi network.
8. Test the connection
- Open the Blink Home Monitor app and access the live view of your camera to verify that the connection is functioning correctly.
Congratulations! Your Blink Camera is now successfully connected to WiFi.
You can customize its settings, configure motion detection, and begin monitoring your home through the Blink Home Monitor app.
How to Change WiFi on Blink Camera If you need to change the WiFi network on your Blink Camera, follow these simple steps:
Step 1: Launch the Blink Home app on your smartphone and tap on the Sync Module.
Step 2: Select the “Change Wi-Fi Network” option.
Step 3: In the WiFi change screen, you’ll notice a steady green light and a blinking blue light above it.
Step 4: The Blink app will instruct you to press and hold the reset button on your Blink camera.
Step 5: Firmly press and hold the button until you feel a click, and one of the LEDs changes to red.
Step 6: Release the button.
Step 7: Once the device displays a blinking blue light and a solid green light, tap on “Discover Device.”
Step 8: You’ll receive a prompt to join the temporary WiFi network of the Sync Module. Select “Join.”
Step 9: Choose your Wi-Fi network from the list of available options.
Step 10: Enter your Wi-Fi credentials and select “Join.”
Connected? What’s Next? After successfully connecting your Blink Camera to WiFi, it’s essential to test the connection to ensure everything is functioning correctly. Open the Blink Home Monitor app, access the live view of your camera, and check for a clear and stable camera feed. Confirm that you can receive motion alerts and access other camera features.
Troubleshooting: If you encounter any issues with your Blink Camera’s connection, here are some common troubleshooting steps:
- If your Blink Sync Module is not connecting to WiFi, ensure that it’s plugged into an outlet and within range of your WiFi router. Consider restarting your router and Sync Module if necessary.
- To troubleshoot frequent WiFi connection drops, start by resetting the sync module and cameras. Check the signal strength and ensure the camera is within a 100-foot range from the router.
- For other issues, try restarting your camera and the Blink app or resetting your camera to factory defaults.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I use a WiFi extender with Blink cameras?
- Yes, WiFi extenders can work with Blink cameras. Blink cameras can connect to 2.4 GHz WiFi networks, and WiFi extenders can extend the range of your WiFi network, which can be helpful if your camera is far from your router.
- Where is the reset button on a Blink camera?
- The location of the reset button on a Blink camera varies depending on the model. Typically, it can be found on the back or bottom of the camera as a small, recessed black button.
- Does a Blink camera connect to WiFi or the Sync Module?
- Blink cameras connect to the Blink Sync Module, which, in turn, connects to your WiFi network. The Sync Module acts as a bridge between the cameras and the WiFi network, facilitating communication and control through the Blink Home Monitor app. The cameras themselves do not directly connect to the WiFi network.