Where Is The Wps Button On My Xfinity Router Introduction: Modern WiFi devices have made connecting to wireless networks even more convenient with WiFi Protected Setup (WPS). This eliminates the need for manually entering WiFi network information like the WiFi Network Name (SSID) and WiFi Network Key (password). In this guide, we’ll explore how to swiftly establish a secure wireless internet connection using WPS.
Methods to Set Up WiFi Using WPS: There are two straightforward methods to set up a wireless internet connection via WPS:
- Push Button Configuration (PBC) – Automatic Setup
- Personal Identification Number (PIN) – Manual Setup
If your computer or electronic device supports WPS, the Wireless Gateway’s WPS feature will automatically configure a secure WiFi network. Look for a WPS sticker or label on WPS-compatible devices.
Setting Up WiFi Using Push Button Configuration (PBC): The process may vary slightly depending on the WiFi product you’re using. Follow these steps for a successful WiFi connection setup:
- Press the WPS button on your computer or WiFi product.
- OR – Press the WPS button on your gateway within two minutes.
- The computer or WiFi product will display a success message upon connecting to your home network.
Gateway WPS Button Locations:
- xFi Advanced Gateway (XB7 and higher): When the WPS button is pressed, the blue LED light will slowly blink, indicating it’s in WPS pairing mode. Once paired, the light turns white (operational mode).
- xFi Advanced Gateway (XB6): Pressing the WPS button causes the blue LED light to slowly blink, indicating it’s in WPS pairing mode. After pairing, the light becomes white (operational mode).
- Wireless Gateway: When the WPS button on the Wireless Gateway is pressed, the WPS LED will blink until a successful connection is established. If the connection fails, it will blink for five minutes. Wait for the LED to stop blinking before retrying or connecting another WPS product.
Setting Up WiFi Using Personal Identification Number (PIN): To set up WiFi using a PIN, follow these steps:
- Ensure WiFi is enabled on your WiFi product.
- Open the WiFi Protected Setup Utility and select the PIN method.
- Choose the desired WiFi Network Name (SSID) for connection.
- Generate a PIN number, which initiates a countdown of two to five minutes.
Admin Tool Configuration (via http://10.0.0.1): 5. Access the Admin Tool of the Wireless Gateway from a device already connected to it.
- Enter “admin” in the Username field and the password (unless changed) in the Password field.
- Click LOGIN.
- Navigate to Gateway > Connection > WiFi.
- On the WiFi page, select ADD WIFI PROTECTED SETUP (WPS) CLIENT.
- Ensure WiFi Protected Setup is enabled.
- Choose “PIN Number” for Connection Options.
- Enter the Wireless Client’s PIN (generated in Step 4) before the countdown in the WiFi Protected Setup Utility expires.
- Click PAIR. The WiFi product will detect the Wireless Gateway and establish a WiFi connection.
- The availability of WiFi Protected Setup Utility or WPS PIN methods depends on the compatibility of your WiFi product.
- If the WiFi Protected Setup client requests the Wireless Gateway PIN during the connection, enter the WiFi Protected Setup PIN printed on the label on the Wireless Gateway’s bottom panel.
Troubleshooting WPS Issues:
If WPS isn’t functioning as expected, we recommend personalizing your WiFi network name and password. You can learn how to view or modify your WiFi password online or customize your home network by changing your WiFi password or network name via the admin tool.
Additional Information: For common solutions, self-help options, troubleshooting, account management, and more, visit our Online Support Center.
Experience the convenience of managing and troubleshooting your Xfinity services with the Xfinity app! Download it for free from Google Play or the App Store, or text “APP” to 266278.
For quick queries, don’t hesitate to ask Xfinity Assistant.