How To Connect Turtle Beach Stealth 600 To Pc Title: Connecting Turtle Beach Stealth 600 to PC Without an Adapter
The Turtle Beach Stealth 600 headset is renowned for its versatility and impressive features. While originally designed for Xbox consoles, it can also be used with Windows PCs when paired with the Xbox Wireless Adapter. However, if you don’t have the adapter or prefer a dongle-free setup, you can still connect your Turtle Beach Stealth 600 to your PC. This article explains how.
Connecting Turtle Beach Stealth 600 to PC Without an Adapter: Yes, you can connect your Turtle Beach Stealth 600 headset to your PC without an adapter, but there’s a catch. Your PC must have built-in Xbox Wireless functionality for this to work. This feature is available in select laptops and pre-built PCs and is the only way to use the Stealth 600 without an adapter.
Understanding the Xbox Wireless Adapter:
The Turtle Beach Stealth 600 headset differs from regular headsets, as it’s designed to be compatible with various Xbox consoles, including the Xbox One Series X and Series S. Instead of using Bluetooth for wireless connectivity, it relies on either the Xbox Wireless Adapter or built-in Xbox Wireless functionality in your PC. Below, we’ll explore how to connect your headset without an adapter.
How to Connect Without an Adapter:
If you don’t have the USB Xbox Wireless Adapter plugged into your PC, you can still establish a connection using the built-in Xbox Wireless feature. Xbox Wireless functions similarly to Bluetooth but exclusively works with Xbox peripherals and specific devices designed for Xbox consoles and Windows PCs. Here’s how to do it:
- Verify that your PC has built-in Xbox Wireless functionality. Check your PC’s specifications, owner’s manual, or visit the manufacturer’s support website for information. Note that most PCs don’t display outward indicators of this feature.
- After confirming built-in Xbox Wireless functionality, follow these steps to connect your Turtle Beach Stealth 600 headset without an adapter. Ensure your headset is fully charged and turned on:
a. On your Windows 10 PC, go to “Settings,” click on “Devices,” and select “Connected Devices.”
b. Choose “Add a Device” and make sure your Turtle Beach Stealth 600 headset is nearby. This option allows Windows to search for the device using the built-in Xbox Wireless feature.
c. Immediately after selecting “Add a Device,” locate the Connect button on the left side of your Stealth 600 headset. Press and hold this button until the headset’s LED flashes rapidly.
d. Check the “Other Devices” list on your Windows 10 PC. This is where your Stealth 600 headset should appear once successfully connected.
- Once your Turtle Beach Stealth 600 headset is connected to your PC, you may need to make adjustments for optimal audio and voice quality. Right-click on the “Speaker” icon to the right of your Windows 10 taskbar, select “Sounds,” and set “TURTLE BEACH Stealth 600” as the default device in both the “Playback” and “Recording” tabs. These settings ensure that Windows 10 uses your headset as the default device for both audio output and input.
PCs with Built-In Xbox Wireless:
Built-in Xbox Wireless functionality is not common among Windows PCs. Only a handful of laptops and pre-built desktops feature this capability. Manufacturers have been slow to incorporate it into their machines, and currently, it’s not a standard feature in most recent PCs. Here are a few PCs known to have built-in Xbox Wireless:
- ASUS G703
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube
- Lenovo Legion Y720
- Microsoft Surface Book 2 (15-inch model)
- Microsoft Surface Studio
It’s worth noting that there may be other PCs with this feature, so it’s advisable to check with the manufacturer or consult the PC’s documentation.