How To Make Discord Open On Second Monitor How to Set Discord to Open on Your Second Monitor Many individuals encounter difficulties when attempting to make Discord open on their second monitor while using multiple monitors. The primary issue often lies in Discord’s inability to recall the last monitor it was opened on. If you’re struggling with getting Discord to open on your second monitor, you’ve come to the right place. We’ll present various methods for ensuring Discord opens on the second monitor.
We’ll begin by exploring the possibility of using Discord on a second monitor and addressing the primary issue affecting most users. Next, we’ll discuss two ways to make Discord open on your second monitor.
Is It Possible to Use Discord on a Second Monitor?
Yes, it’s entirely possible. When you have multiple monitors connected to your computer, you can choose to open Discord on the second monitor to manage and organize various tasks across your devices.
A dual or triple monitor setup proves useful when you want to keep an eye on all your PC activities. You might prefer running Discord on one monitor while managing other tasks on a separate one, reducing the clutter on a single screen. Regardless of your reason for wanting Discord on your second monitor, there’s a straightforward solution.
The primary issue most users encounter is Discord’s failure to remember the monitor it was last used on. We’ll address how to resolve this problem in the following section.
How to Make Discord Open on Your Second Monitor
If Discord consistently opens on your primary monitor, you can make it open on your second monitor by following two available options, as explained below:
Method #1: Configure a Dual Display
Creating a dual display setup helps organize your monitors and positions Discord on your desired monitor. Here are the steps to follow:
- Enable the extended display mode for your monitors by pressing Win + P on your keyboard and selecting “Extend.”
- Rearrange your displays by dragging and dropping the rectangles to achieve the desired monitor orientation. Ensure you identify which display is designated as 1 and which is 2.
- In your display settings, check the “Make this my main display” box for your preferred screen and configure your display style.
- Under “Advanced display settings,” adjust the monitor resolution, scaling it to a higher resolution to match the size of the window across both screens.
Now, you can open Discord on your second monitor without any issues.
Method #2: Moving and Saving Discord to Your Second Monitor
As mentioned earlier, Discord’s issue of not opening on the second monitor often stems from its inability to remember the last monitor it was used on. The second method offers a solution to this problem, ensuring Discord opens on your second monitor. Follow these steps in three parts:
Step #1: Moving Discord
- Click the top bar of your Discord application to bring it into focus.
- Once the Discord window is in focus, drag and drop it to your desired location on your screen.
- Move your cursor to the Windows taskbar, right-click the Discord preview, which appears when you hover your mouse over the running instance of Discord in the taskbar.
- Select the “Restore” option.
- Still in the taskbar, right-click the restored window, and choose “Move.”
- Use the arrow keys to position the Discord window on your second monitor.
Step #2: Saving Discord’s Position
For a seamless experience with Discord on your second monitor, open Discord in windowed mode and save its position using these steps:
- Resize the Discord window to approximately half the size of your screen.
- Press Win + Shift + Enter to save Discord’s size and location on your second monitor.
Step #3: Closing Discord Processes
Having saved Discord’s size and location, you must terminate all running processes to ensure that Discord opens on your second monitor the next time you launch it. Follow these steps:
- Right-click the Discord icon on the taskbar and close all Discord windows and processes.
- Right-click the taskbar and open the “Task Manager.”
- Close all Discord processes listed.
That’s it! You can now reopen Discord, and it will automatically appear on your second monitor with the size and position you saved earlier. Ensure you don’t maximize the Discord window to avoid any display issues.
To make Discord open on your second monitor, consider configuring a dual display setup or adjusting Discord’s window size and saving its location. With these methods, Discord will consistently open on your second monitor with the specified size and position. This guide provides comprehensive instructions to help you achieve that.